NEW CHALLENGES, NEW THREATS: RESILIENCE AND ADAPTATION IN A RISKY WORLD
The 26th Annual meeting of Society for Risk Analysis Europe (SRA-E) will be held in Lisbon, Portugal, between 19-21 June 2017. The theme of this conference is: “New challenges, new threats: Resilience and adaptation in a risky world”.
Audience and scope
Academics, policy makers and practitioners interested in Risk in research, policy and practice, either non-members or members of the SRA-E, SRA International and other regional SRA organizations.
The SRA-Europe conference provides a platform to discuss the ‘state of the art’ and future directions in the inter-disciplinary study and application of risk analysis. The focus will be on understanding concerns about risk from both public and scientific perspectives, developing effective risk assessment, management and communication, and promoting efficient risk mitigation and resilient societies.
This conference is therefore an opportunity for academics, policy makers and practitioners to gather and discuss issues, problems, goals, solutions and future research questions in this domain. Colleagues, perspectives and applications from around the world are welcomed!
The official language for all presentations and keynotes will be English.
Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, Lisbon.
Core Risk Topics
The conference will be focused on the general topic “From risk to resilience” across various specific topics:
- New methods, new tools, new data in risk and resilience research
- Multi-actor approaches in risk analysis, management and governance
- Risk and resilience in extreme and major events
- Global health, global threats: Risk and resilience beyond borders
- Evidence-based risk governance, policy and regulation
- Financial risks and decision making
- Uncertainty, resilience and climate change policies
- Insights from citizen science to risk research
- Risk and uncertainty communication
- Ethical and moral dimensions of risk
- Human factors, organizational and occupational safety
- Cyber security and terrorism
- Resilience, decision-making and uncertainty
- Coastal and maritime risks
Please note the following important dates
| Pre-conference cocktail & social
||June 18, 2017|
|Conference||June 19 – 21, 2017|
|Deadline submission of abstracts|| closed
| Notification of abstract acceptance
|| February 28, 2017
|Deadline early bird registration||April 7, 2017|
| Deadline presenters’ registration
|| April 30, 2017
SRA Europe Conference Studentship Scholarships 2017
We are pleased to announce two SRA-Europe Conference Scholarships (subject to the number and quality of proposals received) each worth 750 €.
We are also pleased to be able to award the Ortwin Renn Student Prize for Applied Risk Research to a student with a focus on applied risk research. This scholarship, worth $ 500, is sponsored by ExxonMobil.
Students wishing to apply for a Scholarship are required to submit:
1. A standard abstract, by January 29, 2017 (*new date*), following the procedure for the submission of abstracts, and
2. An application to the Awards Committee, by January 29, 2017 (*new date*), consisting of:
2.1 An extended abstract (up to 800 words)
2.2 A short CV (no more than 1 side A4)
2.3 A description of their motivation for wishing to attend the conference
2.4 A letter of support from their supervisor
The application to the Awards Committee should be sent to the SRA-E Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Only 2 documents should be sent: one containing poits 2.1-2.3 above with the letter from the student’s supervisor (2.4) in the other. The email subject line should read: SRA Europe conference scholarships or Ortwin Renn Student Prize for Applied Risk Research.
The application should explicitly state for which scholarship the application is made.